[Amps] MLA-2500B Question

Tony King - W4ZT amps at w4zt.com
Tue Mar 29 11:46:59 EST 2005

Agreed, cost is an issue for the manufacturing world as it is for
individuals but this isn't about the cost.

Once again, back to Tomm's question: I believe it is not a good idea to
depend on a rig's inboard tuner to match the input of the amp through
some length of coax.  I don't think there is any flywheeling going on
through that length of coax and as a result there is poor IMD
performance and poor efficiency. Of course no one else has expressed an
opinion on that question so I may be the lone soul that feels this way.

73, Tony W4ZT