[Amps] Glass Chimneys

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Mon May 2 15:48:58 EDT 2005

You don't need glass for external anode tubes because you are dealing with
lower temperatures and infrared  radiated by the anode does not have to
escape thru the glass. Any material that has low dielectric loss and is
good to 200 degrees C or even less will do. And besides you no longer have
a good reason to be able to see the anode since it does not glow.

73
Bill wa4lav