[Amps] eBay

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Wed May 4 14:31:01 EDT 2005

Will Matney wrote:
> This is way off topic but I need a quick answer on something. Does the seller have access to the amount one has bid? Something was fishy on a book I bought like the one who bid against me twice stopped both times right under my maximum bid. He ran the bids up 11 times stopping just under twice. I'm wondering if it was a schill who knew the amount I bid?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=378&item=4546163575&rd=1
>
> Best,
>
> Will

In theory no. But of course there are employees in eBay who do. There
are rules about them not bidding within the last day or so (check the
site), but how can you tell.

You are far better off putting your bid on in the last 10 seconds or so.
Nobody has a chance to respond to that. Never show your cards until you
need to!

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
G8WRB