[Amps] KWS-1 Question

Dave Meitzen dmeitzen at comcast.net
Mon May 16 18:10:58 EDT 2005

I have come in to ownership of a KWS-1 that has been modified to remove the
High voltage rectifiers and replaced them with a very large bridge rectifier
(really dumb when SS tube replacements are available). May not be a bridge -
could be a dual diode pack (but large) The HV filament xfmr and the HV tubes
have been removed. Has anyone seen a write up on this set up?

My ideal would be to recover these parts and bring the unit back to
original. The parts I need are the HV tube socket assemblies and the
transformer. The transformer is for cosmetics only.

I am also looking for a keylock to fit the puppy.

I'll be happy to pay or trade for any of this stuff.

Thanks for taking the time.
Dave