[Amps] G3SEK Tetrode Board

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Wed Nov 2 20:42:08 EST 2005

DUGAS, JASON A. (JSC-EP) (NASA) wrote:
> I was interested in using the G3SEK tetrode board for a W1SL power supply
> (4CX250's).
>
> Unfortunately, G3SEK nor Tom's Tubes offers the kit.  Has anyone tried
> purchasing the boards alone and then ordering parts seperately?  I'm curious
> as to how difficult it is to find all the necessary parts to build this,
> without having all the parts included...?!
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.
>
> 73 de KB5URQ
>
> Jason

Yes, I done that and had no hassle at all. (At least collecting the
components, I have never fired it up).

Since I wanted to put the board in an amp I knew would run quite warm
(since it was conduction cooled and I was keen to avoid a fan), I chose
to use higher temperature rated capacitors. So you can buy better
components if you don;t mind spending some money. Farnell in the UK
stoked just about everything.

--
David Kirkby,
G8WRB