[Amps] Meaning of "conduction cooled"

David C. Hallam dhallam at rapidsys.com
Thu Nov 3 12:25:59 EST 2005

Strictly speaking, glass envelope tubes are cooled by a combination of
radiation and convection with only a very slight amount of conduction
cooling.  The cooling of anode is by radiation and the envelope and seals
are cooled by convection with some radiation and a slight amount of heat is
carried away through the socket and chassis by conduction.

More than you ever really wanted to know about tube cooling.