[Amps] HV checking

Joe Isabella n3ji at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 17:14:35 EST 2005

I have a commercially made HV probe -- works great!!  But man, with a call like "W4kV" you can't go wrong!!

:-)

Joe, N3JI

johna8119-amps at yahoo.com wrote:
Is there a safe way to check the HV circuit in an SB-220? I'm getting intermittent readings on
the meter, but the meter and the switch check out ok.

My digital voltmeters have a max of 1 kv. I can put together a 1:10 test probe, but, even using
the "one hand in my hip pocket" method, I'm a bit averse to killing myself.

Thanks
John
w4kv