[Amps] 220V wiring: Was Question about safety ground connection

Gudguyham@aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Thu Nov 17 12:40:58 EST 2005

In a message dated 11/17/2005 10:49:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dezrat1242 at ispwest.com writes:

I still  maintain the existing NEC code allowing use of a neutral is
an attempt to  placate some powerful special interests in the
electrical industry. It is  NOT the safest approach to the issue.

73, Bill  W6WRT

Manufactuers of appliances that use a 120/240v system will keep all 120v
usage on the same phase.  I am sure their engineers are aware of  this.  It is
the unknowing ham that might do such a  thing.