[Amps] Voltage at feed point

Roger D Johnson n1rj at adelphia.net
Sat Nov 26 13:19:41 EST 2005

Rob & Terri Sherwood wrote:
> Anyone know a formula for calculating the voltage at the feed point of a
> vertical if you know the resistive and reactive values and the power?
> Example:  160 meter inverted L, R = 80 ohms, X = +420j & P = 1500
> watts.  73, Rob, NC0B.

Just as a check, I ran the numbers through Dean Straw's TLW3 program.
With a low-pass L matching network using a series inductor of 28.6 uH
and a Q of 300, a 458 pf shunt cap from antenna base to ground it shows
a voltage of 1820 volts RMS or 2573 volts peak and a tuner loss of .15
db.

73, Roger

--
Remember the USS Liberty (AGTR-5)