[Amps] SB-220 tuning

Bob tr at rtort.com
Mon Nov 28 22:39:14 EST 2005

Greetings, I just got my sb-220 and it seems to work fine. However, I
don't really know how to tune it.
I am trying to use the guide here <http://www.qsl.net/kk5dr/Tuneup.htm>

It looks like a good guide and I know that people here feel the heathkit
manuals tuning guide is bad.  However the tuning guide above talks about
max plate and grid currents which I don't know the values for my amp.
Anyone know?

I would appreciate any advice on tuning this beast.

I also plan one doing R. Measures converions but I wanted to get a
little airtime before I cracked the case and risk loosing it forever (I
don't trust my mad soldering skills).

73,
K2ZC.