[Amps] 3CPX800A7 Not Available (HAROLD B MANDEL)

R.Measures r at somis.org
Tue Nov 29 19:12:53 EST 2005

On Nov 29, 2005, at 12:11 PM, HAROLD B MANDEL wrote:

> Dear Tom,
>
> The 3CPX800A7 has more ceramic material that separates the interior
> elements, allowing it to run at an elevated plate voltage.
>
> The 3CX800A7 is rated at 2200 volts on the plate while the 3CPX can
> handle 3400 volts.

However, this does not mean that the 3CPX800A7's safe anode potential
for RF amplifier service is 3400V because the limiting factor in
continuous duty applications is electrons bouncing back and heating the
oxide coating on the cathode, not the v-capability of the anode-grid
insulator.

> The broadcasters really like the "CPX when they run P5 service. The
> medical community uses them in MRI applications.
>
> Commander Amplifiers use them exclusively.

There's one born every minute.