[Amps] Spike Caps

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Sat Sep 3 14:14:11 EDT 2005

Rich,

You wouldn't need 10 kV capacitors there as the HV is divided equally across the rectifiers. If there's say 1 kV across each, you can use a 1.5-2 kV ceramic disc capacitor say at .01 uF (10,000 pF). You dont need any so-called "balancing resistors" as they can cause more harm than good to the rectifiers. Hope this helps.

Best,

Will