[Amps] YC-156 Triode

k7rdx k7rdx at charter.net
Thu Sep 8 23:38:02 EDT 2005

That sounds typical of some of thr Russian triodes too...I read somewhere a
few yrs ago of a conversion to GI7B`s in a MLA-2500 . The guy had a ac hum
on the audio as well as when keyed with no drive. They corrected the problem
by transposing heater voltage from the outside of one tube to the inside
connection of the other tube,and opposite wiring for the other fil leg.They
were feeding filament voltage thru a conventional bifilar filament choke
with .01  across both fil legs/cathode for rf drive, filament trans ct for
negative return. I found the same hum problem as Terry suggests with a
single GS-35b and cured it as he did with the yc-156.Jim.