[Amps] Drying out HV transformers / Chokes

Don Lemley w8hrq at lemleys.org
Sun Sep 18 00:51:21 EDT 2005

Hi all,

	Ok, I know this has been covered here before, but is there a
consensus on how to get the moisture out of HV plate transformers and
chokes, so they won't arc on me.  And before everyone jumps in with the
quick
"just put it in an oven on xxx degrees for yy hours", I am working with
the
iron from a Broadcast transmitter, specifically, the Gates BC-1G so
these
things are 100, 150 lbs each, and my XYL would REALLY not like it if I
tried
to put them in her fancy oven.  They have been sitting in an
un-conditioned
but dry hanger/garage for several years, so I am certain they have
soaked up
a good deal of moisture over that time.

Thanks for any suggestions,

	Don - W8HRQ