[Amps] Alpha releases New Amp 9500

George Clute gclute at comcast.net
Sun Sep 18 21:32:10 EDT 2005

Commercial Laundry companies use RS232 to control Wash/Dry cycles and get
the weight of the loads and then calculate the amount of soap to inject.
This is a capital intensive business and many of these wall mount machines
are 20 ft high and sell for more that $250,000.  I applaud Alpha for
sticking to things that work in RF environments.
Geo W7LFD

** Pulse generator **
http://www.avtechpulse.com/gpib/

** 40 MHz handheld scope **
http://www.escience.ca/circuitT/RENDER/0001/C8/3071/11839.html

** Synthesised clock generator **
This is listed in the new products.
http://www.thinksrs.com/products/CG635.htm
it has RS-232 and GPIB as standard, with no USB option.

**OVEN**

A commerical oven with a temperature range of 30 to 70 deg C.
http://www.wisoven.com/lab3.htm
(RS-232, no USB option).

**UPS's**

600 VA UPS
http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=SC620I
(no USB, only RS-232)

6000 VA
http://www.apcc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=SUDP6000I&l
anguage=en&LOCAL.APCCountryCode=nz

I can't find the Compaq web page for the R6000 6 kW UPS, but there are
plenty of places selling it new - i.e.

http://geek.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=94517

I know that has RS-232, as I own one. There is no USB on that at all.
RS-232 is standard, ethernet is extra.

** Lock in amplifiers **.

A 200 MHz lock-in amplifier
http://www.thinksrs.com/products/SR844.htm

**GPS timing receiver ***

http://www.symmttm.com/products_gps_xli.asp

About 3 months ago I bougth a Motoroal M12+ GPS timing receiver. That
has RS-232. Motorola have stopped all their GPS products, so it is no
longer available, but was current a few months back.

** Rubidium Frequency standard **

http://www.thinksrs.com/products/PRS10.htm
(again I own one of these, but it is still available new).

** Cesium beam frequency standard (i.e. *expensive*) ***
Cesium beam primary frequency standard
http://www.symmttm.com/products_pfr_4065C.asp

(the manual is at

http://www.symmetricom.com/support/download_manual.aspx?DocID=438

where if you search on RS-232 you fill find it. I've not bothered
searching for USB, but I very much doubt a bit of kit as expensive as
that would have USB.)

73's

--
David Kirkby,