[Amps] [BULK] - Re: SB200 loading problem

John Parkins kvp at bigfoot.com
Tue Sep 20 01:32:02 EDT 2005

Hello Steve,

SK> It's not normal for the LOAD cap to be fully meshed on any band when
SK> operated into a 50 Ohm load.  On 80m, a 500pF (I think) padder is switched
SK> in parallel with the tunable LOAD capacitor, but it's not in the circuit on
SK> 40m or the higher bands.  If that cap were missing or bad (or the switch
SK> wasn't making contact in that position), that could explain why the LOAD cap
SK> needs to be fully meshed on 80m, but it wouldn't explain 40m...-WB2WIK/6

I had the same thought about 80 and the extra 'C' and changed it out
for a new one, I also tried increasing it's value and checked the
switch out but although everything was fine I still get the problem.

I've also tried switching the valves around, I have a spare set and
that did nothing at all either. You can see why I'm confused!

--
Best regards,
 John                            mailto:kvp at bigfoot.com