[Amps] [Fwd: Re: [TenMeters] OT - Changing a Light-Bulb]

Gary Smith wa6fgi at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 23 12:10:59 EDT 2005

Some slightly OT humor for a Friday that has occurred on this list. I received from
another list to which I subscribe. Hoping all see the humor here,
73 and so-on,
Gary...wa6fgi

     Subject: HOW MANY LIST MEMBERS DOES IT TAKE TO
      > CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?
      >

      > One to change the light bulb and to post that the
      > light bulb has been
      > changed.
      >
      > Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing
      > light bulbs and how
      > the light bulb could have been changed differently.
      >
      > Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light
      > bulbs.
      >
      > Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in
      > posts about
      > changing  light bulbs.
      >
      > Five to flame the spell checkers.
      >
      > Three to correct spelling/grammar flames.
      >
      > Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light
      > bulb" ...
      > another six to condemn those six as stupid.
      >
      > Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry
      > and give the
      > correct spelling.
      >
      > Nineteen to post that this group is not about light
      > bulbs and to
      > please  take this discussion to a lightbulb (or
      > light bulb) forum.
      >
      > Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying
      > that we all use light
      > bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this
      > group.
      >
      > Thirty six to debate which method of changing light
      > bulbs is superior,
      > where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of
      > light bulbs work
      > best for this technique and what brands are faulty.
      >
      > Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of
      > different light
      > bulbs.
      >
      > Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly
      > and then post the
      > corrected URL.
      >
      > Three to post about links they found from the URLs
      > that are relevant
      > to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to
      > this group.
      >
      > Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in
      > their entirety
      > including all headers and signatures, and add "Me
      > too".
      >
      > Five to post to the group that they will no longer
      > post because they
      > cannot handle the light bulb controversy.
      >
      > Four to say "didn't we go through this already a
      > short time ago?"
      >
      > Thirteen to say "do a Google search on light bulbs
      > before posting
      > questions about light bulbs"
      >
      > Three to tell a funny story about their cat and a
      > light bulb.
      >
      > AND
      >
      > One group lurker to respond to the original post 6
      > months from now and
      > start it all over again.

     9/21/2005

Ham radio
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ham+radio&w1=Ham+radio&w2=Craft+hobby&w3=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=3&s=60&.sig=Q3ZWABypJDd5YmYXbzsVzQ>

	Craft hobby
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Ham+radio&w2=Craft+hobby&w3=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=3&s=60&.sig=ZnXBknyULDAnZKOQwnbT0g>

	Hobby and craft supply
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Ham+radio&w2=Craft+hobby&w3=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=3&s=60&.sig=fLVuec3_R3javCvFd0735w>

     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of