[Amps] TL922A

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Mon Apr 3 09:21:28 EDT 2006

I agree that is about right.  It was rated at 2000 watts PEP plate input
and with 60%or 65% efficiency you get 1200 or 1300 watts output. The
initial limitations of power output are in the power supply. The under load
B+ is only 2.2kV and the plate transformer is rather small.  Secondly is
that the plate circuit components, primarily the capacitors, may not take
well to higher RF plate voltages if you do increase the B+ value to 3kV or so.