[Amps] Tube data sheet

k7fm k7fm at teleport.com
Tue Apr 4 09:09:00 EDT 2006

>I'm searching for the data sheet of old 701A tube. Or typical ratings and
>maximum frequency of use.

The Western Electric 701A is a radar pulse pentode rated to 15 MHz.  They
used to be available surplus from WW II for as low as $1.95.  An article in
"The New Sideband Handbook" by Don Stoner (1958)  says the interelectrode
capacity is high.  A socket is made from split copper tubing.  Filament
power is 7.5 volts at 7.5 amps.  Plate dissipation is 200 watts.

If you like, I could scan the information and send to you.  They are an
interesting looking tube.

73,  Colin  K7FM