[Amps] Collins "Monster" on eBay

bob finger finger at goeaston.net
Sun Apr 9 07:19:48 EDT 2006

Not missing any meters.  Those are viewing holes for the finals.

I have its predecessor in my barn.  Mine is the original prototype for
the Collins 204H1 fully autotune for 2-30 Mhz.  Runs a pair the same
tubes as a 30S1.  (kind of like two 30S1's in parallel).  Requires 100
mw in for about 3kw out anywhere over the range.  The one in my barn is
serial number 001 !  Built  in about 1957 for "Looking Glass" thanks to
Gen. Curtis LeMay.   This one probably rode many thousands of miles at
25,000 feet up.  Last time it was fired up it was used on ten meters in
an arrl dx contest about 15 years ago.  Weighs in at just under 700
pounds.  Truly a "beast from the past".  73 bob de w9ge