[Amps] Plate Impedance

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 10 19:10:13 EDT 2006

Gerald,

I just came in to check me e-mail and seen your post. I was wrong on that being peak plate current. That could have been something I read on the net as I was reading there on several websites also. When I made the post, I didn't have the books handy and was trying to recall what I read somewhere. The current that is used is the Ibo as Peter G3RZP said after I looked in the RCA TT book. On tonight, I'll post what it says but the current used is anywhere from 1/6 to 1/10 of Ibmax as I recall. This was in the RCA transmitting tube book that I finally dug out. The other I posted was from the Radiotron Designers Handbook, 3rd edition, 1945.

"I seem to remember my RCA TT4 handbook listed the load impedance as the plate swing divided by Ib0, the quiescent plate current. A typo, obviously".

Best,

Will