[Amps] Plate impedance

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 10 19:45:21 EDT 2006

Jim,

Your correct. I thought it said plate impedance myself until I read what was in the book. What the formulas are about is the "Effective RF load resistance", and "Plate resistance". I have not yet seen anything in either RCA book about using the 1.8 factor though, and wonder where they're getting it from. In the RCA TT manual, they do list a table of K factors, but I haven't seen the plate impedance formula mentioned in there using them, unless I overlooked it. Matter of fact, I haven't seen it mention plate impedance where I've read. If I do find it, I'll post what it says.

Best,

Will