[Amps] RCA load impedance calculation

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 10 23:56:37 EDT 2006

Jeff,

I double checked, and that was what it written, Ibo instead of Ibmax. I couldn't see it either as being what was needed. I guess it was a mis-print. This is at procedure (16) 0n page 52. Mine reads the same as yours on page 53. This version of TT-5 I have was a reprint that RF Parts sells now.

I have some more I read in the 1990 ARRL Handbook that I'll post tomorrow. It's saying something different again instead of 1.8. If I'm not mistaken, it says the Plate load resistance is the same as plate impedance, and uses a factor of 1.5 for class AB. I'll post what it says tomorrow with the page and chapter. It is about two pages after the Pi and Pi-L tables at the top of the page. Its the same formula using plate voltage and plate current as the one using the factor 1.8, [ Rp = Vp / (1.8 x Ip) ].

Best,

Will