[Amps] Eimac and Econco

Xmitters at aol.com Xmitters at aol.com
Wed Apr 12 10:52:15 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/12/06 2:12:46 AM Central Daylight Time,
amps-request at contesting.com writes:

<< [I]I have just heard that CPI/EIMAC will be consolidating the EIMAC and
 ECONCO manufacturing plants into a single, integrated, facility and that
 EIMAC and ECONCO tubes will be unavailable for a considerable amount of
 time, perhaps as long as 12 to 18 months. Does anyone have further
 information about this or is it old news?

 I'm curious because, if true, some of my brethren in the broadcasting
 business could be in for a real shock when they try to buy replacement
 PA tubes!

 73,

hello:

I just talked to Econco and, while they are now part of Eimac, they are doing
all of he rebuilding, including the rebuilding Eimac is doing. CPI and Eimac,
in the Bay area, are consolidating those plants into one.

However, the Econco people are unaware of moving in under Eimac's roof, and
plans are for them to stay right where they are. Although the Econco people
cold not tell me for sure how the move is going, it is not even logical that a
company that has the major market share of the ceramic power grid tube market
would interrupt the flow of their bread and butter for 12 days, to say nothing
of 12 months.

The last time I talked to Eimac, which was about two months ago, I was told
the move is becoming more expensive and more time consuming than they
estimated, but business and sales are good and business is healthy. So once again, it
does not appear to be their intention to interrupt the flow of tubes into the
electronics market. It would be foolish indeed to allow any interruption in
their production and they are committed to maintaining their product line.

Jeff Glass, BSEE CSRE
Chief Engineer
WNIU WNIJ