[Amps] Sources of CPVC for GS35b Chimney

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Thu Apr 13 17:08:04 EDT 2006

Kevin,

If you don't care about the looks, or having a white chimney, you can use thick fish paper to make a good chimney. The blueish thick fish paper that is used in transformers will work well using about 0.020" thick stock or thicker. This stuff is very fire retardent as it has a clay mixed in with the pulp. This is available pretty cheap from several suppilers. I think Oceanstate Electronics carries it in sheets also. Some good stiff scissors and some glue is all you need to make them. If you can find a large paper shear, you can cut it staright as an arrow. These are the ones that have the knife you pull down on a platen table. 0.020" thick takes a little pressure to cut with scissors unless you have a large pair. A razor knife and a straight edge will work too. Any good paper glue or super glue will do. After you roll it up, there are some small brass angle brackets available from mouser and others you can mount at the bottom to secure it to the chassis.

Best,

Will