[Amps] dielectrics for PAs TSPA

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Fri Apr 14 17:48:57 EDT 2006

John T. M. Lyles wrote:
> Will asked, and the floodgate opens:
>

>>What did you find good for use in the plastics
>>as I'm interested about that myself?
>>

> Thin Teflon sheet stock would make excellent
> chimney, easy to make.

How do you fix it? PTFE is not something that is easy to glue. (That said, I'm
pretty sure my old boss knows how to glue it, but I can't recall myself. I think
you have to treat the surface first.)

Unless you have money to burn, (or a free supply of PTFE), you are not likely to
make a chimney by turning it from a big piece on a lathe.

I guess it is easy to stable, screw or other mechanical fixing.

Obviously, for things like standoffs it is pretty good. It does deform under
load, but that is not likely to be an issue for amplifiers. But chimneys do
present the problem of how to fix it.