[Amps] Kitchen Aid Silicone for Chimneys

Kevin LaHaie klahaie at centricata.com
Fri Apr 14 18:14:21 EDT 2006

Well, It seems there are issues with using PVC or CPVC close to lots of
RF, so I now consider it a potentially risky option.

Silicone Sheet, on the other hand, seems to be widely used.  It has been
available from sources like McMaster Carr (sp?).

BUT

The kitchen departments are now loaded with objects formed from it, from
cupcake forms to spatulas.

Yesterday I found, at TARGET, a Baking Mat made by Kitchen Aid from the
stuff - an 11 x 16.6" piece of fairly thick silicone sheet.  With some
Permatex Red RTV high temp silicone I intend to fashion a GS-35b
chimney.  Also, I plan to have the chimney come to the top of the anode
cooler, totally enveloping it, rather than just pushing air into the
base.  (any comments as to why or why not??)

Main thing here, is it is readily available, not requiring a mail order
and shipping exercise, or much travel time.  It was $12 with enough
material for 2 tubes.

Any comments on this material in an RF rich environment?

Thanks, and the chimney thread demonstrates the great value of this
reflector - lots of great information from knowledgable folks!

73 Kevin K7ZS