[Amps] working backwards to setup tank

Peter Chadwick g3rzp at g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 20 05:26:02 EDT 2006

For L and C measurement, I recommend the LC meter from AADE http://www.aade.com/   $99.95 as a kit, $129.95 built. I got an earlier version as a kit some years back, and am very pleased with it. I did make a modification which I suggested to AADE and they have, I see incorporated it in the new model - using a low drop out 5v regulator IC rather than the standard '3 volts across it' variety, so you can run the battery down further, especially useful if you run it on a rechargeable.

The accuracy seems pretty good when checked against my Sullivan Grifiths 'Standard Air Capacitor' and my Sullivan Griffiths standard inductors.
73
Peter G3RZP