[Amps] Cal Lab

Steve Thompson g8gsq at eltac.co.uk
Sun Apr 23 17:16:52 EDT 2006

Will Matney wrote:
> Bob,
>
> You know I never did think of that, but your exactly right! A person could make a circuit up to do that using a color burst crystal and connecting to the cable, but that would be a good size project. Using a small, cheap TV with a jack on the back, picking up the color burst signal would be the cheapest way.
To check/set oscillators here, I use the OCXO as external input to lock
a synth sig gen, then set the output frequency to put it on top of a BBC
station and time the beat note, I've used both MW and Band 2. It's easy
to get .01ppm match - but you need to know that the station has a decent
reference.

Steve