[Amps] Cal Lab

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Mon Apr 24 17:56:34 EDT 2006

Barrie Smith wrote:

>>A more professional way to make meter faces is to
>>use software intended to do that, an example of
>>which is here:
>>http://tonnesoftware.com/meter.html
>>- Jim WB6BLD
>

> More professional, indeed?
>
> Well, being a radio amateur, I'd guess I don't need to attempt to be
> professional.
>
> However, I am a professional Photoshop user, so anything that program can do
> I can do better, and faster.
>
> 73, Barrie, W7ALW

I find it hard to belive Photoshop is the best package. As far as I
know, and I may be wrong, Photoshop is not a vector drawing program.

I used Coreldraw for meter scales which is a vector package. With a
meter having straight lines, curves, solid blocks of colour etc, I think
a vector program is what is needed, not a pixel based program.