[Amps] 4CX10,000D amplifier? TSPA

John T. M. Lyles jtml at lanl.gov
Thu Apr 27 18:46:44 EDT 2006

I see from the posting that Doug has 4CX10,000D and is considering
building a linear amplifier with feedback. In the same note, it
states '4CX1000D' also. Since Eimac didn't make a 1000D, but did make
a 10,000D I will assume that was a typo? Anyway, the application of
negative feedback to multistage class AB1 amplifiers for HF Comms is
covered in the1964 edition of Pappenfuss, Bruene, and Schoenike's SSB
Principles and Circuits,  You might also look at what Continental
Electronics has been building for HAARP in Alaska, very linear
push-pull tube transmitters using a pair of these tubes. They may
also have NFB application to meet the specs. When those hundreds of
rigs start changing tubes, we may expect to see a bunch of duds
around. However, they may be getting rebuilds out of them at least
for a while.

73
John
K5PRO