[Amps] Ameritron Amps

Gudguyham at aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Tue Aug 1 03:12:01 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/31/2006 11:27:59 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
w8ji at w8ji.com writes:

The best  capacitor in the world would have failed the same
way with bad resistors.  Don't blame the capacitor when
everyone else (including your buddy and  whoever was helping
him) didn't do what common trouble shooting sense  dictates.

73 Tom

I tun most all of my Big Ameritron amps with the green primary lead which
gives me 3800-4000 volts and I never had a problem with caps going bad.   The
resistors were most likely the problem with your buddies amp and not the  caps.
Once a second set of caps blew one should suspect a different  problem.  I'd
have to agree with Tom that sensible trouble-shooting was not  exercised here.
Lou