[Amps] grid resonance

Peter Chadwick g3rzp at g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 3 03:34:53 EDT 2006

Tom said:
>It's like measuring your feedline in the shack with a GDO to
tell where the antenna connected at the other end is high
impedance or low impedance! Why would anyone do that?<
I don't see what a GDO would tell you, but an impedance bridge would -  although you would need to know the feedline characteristics. At one time, I did actually measure my feeders short and open to determine their electrical length and loss, and of course, from that, I could work out the antenna impedance.
>From which, the story starts that 'you can measure antenna impedance from the shack' Somebody says how, and is told that 'you use an RF bridge and a signal source' which when he passes it on turns into 'an RF bridge and GDO as a signal source'  which becomes 'RF bridge and GDO' and before you know it, ' we hold these truths self evident that you can measure antenna impedance from the shack with a GDO, so help me God' .

73
Peter G3RZP