[Amps] G2DAF four 4CX250Bs G2DAF amplifier

Peter Chadwick g3rzp at g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 3 03:50:05 EDT 2006

Hsu said:
>the next Plan is four FU-251F(Same as 4CX250B) G2DAF amplifier,I would like to hear any good suggestion about it.<
DON'T DON'T DON'T!!!!!
The G2DAF is not very good for linearity, despite the claims. Neither is the 4CX250B, without negative feedback, and a well regulated screen grid supply, capable of absorbing negative screen current.  In a G2DAF circuit, you could get all sorts of problems from the negative screen current, especially as there's no low dc resistance path back to cathode.
I think Rich will agree - I don't remember him being a great advocate of the G2DAF except perhaps, for filling dumpsters with them!
73
Peter G3RZP