[Amps] Grid vs cathode driven

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 4 10:11:31 EDT 2006

Peter,

Why would one want to go through all the trouble with sweep tubes on that when
10 of them can be ran grid driven? The Galaxy amateur amp was a good example
of this. I have built them using as high as 10 in G-G in parallel. No neutralization
was necessary, and they ran just fine. I've used as high as 4 grid driven, they did
ok too. I'd try this first before do that arrangement.

Best,

Will