[Amps] GS-35B on 6 meters

Tony King - W4ZT amps071806 at w4zt.com
Fri Aug 4 19:03:23 EDT 2006

Larry,

Most of the guys I have talked with about the GS-35B on six meters have
said the same thing that Lou did.  You should expect no more than the
published gain of 13 dB in any case. Most using the tube on HF get right
at that on HF as has been my experience.  Careful attention to plate
tank components can help you get full output. Find and use a good 3-30
pF vacuum variable for C1 and use a good piece of copper tubing for the
L. Use only brass hardware for any connections in the RF deck and keep
the components away from the side walls. Keep your leads short and using
a thin copper strap around the anode cooler to make your connection to
the plate choke will help in that regard.

73, Tony W4ZT
<http://gs35b.com>