[Amps] GS-35B on 6M

N7KA at comcast.net N7KA at comcast.net
Sat Aug 5 00:58:28 EDT 2006

The following was Larry, W7IUV'S question:

What kind of gain can I reasonably expect from a GS-35B on 6 meters at
anode voltages less then 4 KV? The info I have found on the web is
sketchy and inconsistant. Most builders seem to avoid the issue of gain.
I have a number of options for the tube(s) in this amp project and am
having a hard time deciding which to build.

73, Larry

--
Larry - W7IUV
DN07dg

So far several responses have NOT EVEN addressed the question.

Connection to the GS-35B would be a bit difficult with a fuse clip or snap rings.  Take a look at a GS-35B and it is not like an 8877 or 4CX1500.  The anode is about 3.5 inches in diameter.

Suggestion to Larry;  Look at the ND2X website and there will be links and calls of folks who have the GS-35Bon 6M.  Send them an email and ask about their operating conditions.  Results should be actual numbers.

Just wish I was farther along on mine so I could give operating info.  Oh well, it will get there.  Until then it would be nice to know what others are getting for RF output vs RF input and at what parameters.  Larry, I have NOT done what I suggest.

Arne N7KA