[Amps] Henry 2KD-5 120 Hz Hum

Leigh S. Jones, KR6X kr6x at kr6x.com
Sun Aug 6 20:09:26 EDT 2006

Henry amplifiers use resonated chokes to achieve their normal high
attenuation of HV power supply hum rejection.   If the resonating capacitor
has broken down, or if there has been a short across the turns of the
inductor, the hum level would increase with a few attendant symptoms.  The
symptoms might include an increase in the unloaded plate voltage and reduced
stability of the HV.