[Amps] grid resonance

R L Measures r at somis.org
Tue Aug 8 07:49:38 EDT 2006

On Aug 7, 2006, at 9:23 AM, Bill Turner wrote:

> [...]

Correct.  By coupling the dipper to nothing and sweeping each range,
the false dips are found.  Once the false dips are noted, they can be
ignored.  In a well-designed dipper, false dips are few and slight too.

> Aside from that however, when it shows a dip, there is most
> assuredly a parallel resonance present, or at least a circuit which
> will absorb power at a particular frequency such as an antenna.

Indeed.  To measure an antenna's 1/4 wave resonance, inductively
couple the dipper's coil to a short across the feed point, and to
measure an antenna's 1/2 wave resonance, couple the dipmeter's Tune-C
- through a 5pF or so C - to the antenna under test. - note - Trio-
Kenwood dipmeters have this built in.