[Amps] crying abt spam

RICHARD GEORGE k6kwq at msn.com
Wed Aug 9 17:50:24 EDT 2006

Less nasty, strange comment
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tom W8JI<mailto:w8ji at w8ji.com>
  To: John Vickers<mailto:wa4tt at nlamerica.com> ; amps at contesting.com<mailto:amps at contesting.com>
  Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 2:31 PM
  Subject: Re: [Amps] crying abt spam

  >> Who became the Host after Bill Fisher.....?  Who  is the
  >> Administrator?
  >
  > As I understand, there was Bill and 2 or 3 of his
  > contesting friends that
  > started this site. I would think all or some of them still
  > have an interest
  > in Eham.

  1.) Fisher always felt this list was a particular problem.
  He actually didn't like this list at all, but he also had a
  hands-off policy.

  2.) I can guess where Rich is heading but the administrator
  certainly isn't me or even anyone I know.

  When I get near what the administrator considers the "line"
  he sends me an email and I try to do exactly what he asks me
  to do. I don't find it difficult to understand what he is
  trying to do, and I haven't the least desire to learn who he
  is.

  This list was let run wild so long it probably will take a
  lot of tough love to make civil again. I'm happy to see
  someone is making that effort. It could be a very productive
  list and a lot of people will come back if it becomes less
  nasty.

  73 Tom