[Amps] Spam from Members of this List ...

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 10 13:09:47 EDT 2006

It would be best if the software could strip the whole header, with any e-mail
address, out of the mail before it posts it to the archive. A harvester looks for
any text string with an @ in it according to what I just read about. That's not
saying all do, but the ones in the article did. The copied text strings are then
placed into a database list and can be called up to be placed in an e-mail.
Most spammers though use an e-mail server that hosts spammers, not the
server where they're actually at.

I have received some e-mails from supposed hams wanting me to add them
to my address book. Those I think are a worm, and I delete every one that
comes into my e-mail. Not one name did I recognize from this list in them,
unless it may have been harvested from the archives from someone way
back I don't know of.

If it's not from someone I've actually had a conversation with, I won't add them
to my address book. That's asking for an infection from one of those e-mails.
When I do add someone, I add them manually.

Best,

Will