[Amps] swiatching power supply for oxide cathode filament

Tony King - W4ZT amps080906 at w4zt.com
Sat Aug 12 19:47:49 EDT 2006

I use switchers for the filament of the GS-35B and GI-7B which both have
indirectly heated cathodes with no ill effects at all.  Be sure to use a
separate cathode choke for the B- and the bifilar choke on the filament
leads. Most switchers have enough adjustment to make up for slight
voltage drop across the filament choke and connecting wiring.

73, Tony W4ZT