[Amps] Checking for IMD

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Mon Aug 14 11:47:03 EDT 2006

Think about that again. If you are listening to upper side band with a 3 KHz
filter and you tune down 3 KHz in frequency with the dial you have moved the
band pass the same amount lower in frequency as you would if you switched
side bands with the side band switch. The only difference is that the
carrier will be on the other side of the filter.

Yes the transmitter has an offset of 300 Hz or so and we will be receiving a
slightly different set of IM frequencies due to the offset but with voice as
the signal source it doesn't matter. If we were using two fixed tones for
modulation of the transmitter then yes it would matter.

73
Gary  K4FMX