[Amps] Transformer book

mike kendall ke6cvh at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 06:22:14 EDT 2006

Will,
    You and I are seeing the same auctions.  There is another guy out of New York that is selling electronic copies of same book for $10.  I prefer the real thing myself but some may want to get an electronic copy of the Colonel's book.
  73,
  Mike

Will Matney <craxd1 at verizon.net> wrote:
  All,

A few wanted me to post any books I ran across that would be good on designing transformers. Below is a link to one titled "Transformer and Inductor Design Handbook" by Col William McLyman from JPL. This book runs around $120, so it's cheap at the starting price of $20 on ebay. There's another book that goes with this that has mostly examples about magnetic core design. This one is a decent book, but is not as good as Practical Transformer Design. It does have a lot of charts on core sizes, and how to use the WA product for sizing cores.

Link;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290019395567&fromMakeTrack=true

Best,

Will