[Amps] Checking for IMD

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Tue Aug 15 08:53:57 EDT 2006

         Now we are back to my first suggestion.  Use a good mixer and
local oscillator to feed a sound card. If you don't need more than 20kHz
bandwidth you don't need the quadrature oscillator and mixers which could
extend it to 40kHz if the sideband rejection is sufficient to see the lower
level IM products that you may be looking for.
          Also, since you will most likely be making measurements using a
variable frequency TX you could use a crystal controlled oscillator at 4x
the operating frequency and some D-type flipflops to generate the I and Q
oscillator signals.

73
Bill wa4lav