[Amps] 3CX800A7 Orientation

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 22:05:03 EDT 2006

"At 25C air temperature, a Papst 4600 family axial
120mm fan meets the flow
rate for about 700W diss. provided you take care with
the airflow design...."

Funny you should mention that Steve - that is exactly
the one I have been using, in exactly that
application, for nearly ten years! (You finally got me
intrigued enough to turn the thing round, remove the
guard and read the part number.) I did find that
although the tube was quite cool enough, the inside of
the cabinet got rather warm. To fix that I reversed
the top cover so that most of the the ventilation
holes are at the back, and fitted a small fan above
and in front of the tube to pull hot air upwards out
of the cabinet. That did the trick.

73 Roger
VE3ZI