[Amps] State of the Amp

Ed Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Mon Aug 21 21:06:09 EDT 2006

Hi Martin,

How about HOMEBREWING a linear amplifier to YOUR specifications...?

It's really not all that insurmountable a task (heck, I've built three here
myself --- others have surpassed that number!). Best of all, there's a lot
of FUN waiting for you in the design, mods, accumulation of parts, lay-out,
assembly, etc. You may even discover that actual OPERATION is SECONDARY to
the whole process...!

Just a thought, anyway...and why those pricey 3-500Z tubes? Why not
something vintage/classic (and CHEAP!) like a 4-1000A, or four 813's...?

~73!~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ