[Amps] Filament forces

Alek Petkovic vk6apk at eon.net.au
Mon Aug 28 05:33:44 EDT 2006

Also for those interested, another side of the coin.

Bill Orr, in an article called "Long Life for Your Amplifier Tubes"
in Radio Fundamentals, CQ January 1991 describes a case of repeated
grid - filament shorts with 3-500Z tubes. An amateur had the filament
supply connected to the vox/ptt line and this constant on off cycling
was deemed to be the cause of failure of 6 tubes in the space of a few weeks.

I have a copy of the article here and can provide a .pdf of same to
anybody who wants it.

73, Alek
VK6APK

http://www.qrz.com/vk6apk