[Amps] Follow-up on Bouncy Meter

k7fm k7fm at teleport.com
Mon Dec 4 09:59:59 EST 2006

Once upon a time, I repaired a meter that had a broken pointer.  When I
tried splicing the needle back on, it was too heavy or short, and was before
super glue  It was at the peak of the frugality stage of my ham career.  I
tried gluing on different things, but they were too heavy.  Finally, I found
a piece of straw just the right diameter.  It worked perfectly, although it
did look a little odd.
Painted it with black paint.

I think the needle broke because it had wrapped itself around the pin from
overcurrent and I tried straightening it.

Used it for a number of years, even though my repair was "the last straw".

Necessity is the mother of bizarre behaviour.

73,  Colin  K7FM