[Amps] Bouncy Meter

john.brewer at us.schneider-electric.com john.brewer at us.schneider-electric.com
Tue Dec 5 07:36:08 EST 2006

Toms observations on the cause of loss of meter dampening seems to make sense. I have a TR4
Drake that developed the same condition. Since this meter is easily disassembled, I was able to
carefully examine it under magnification.  Close examination revealed nothing obviously broken
or missing.  If I can find that meter, the next time I'm under the hood I'll add a small dab of
silicone lubricant to the pivot points and see how that works. My guess is that it will add
sufficient dampening to calm the "bounciness"...

The things one can learn on reflectors....

John K5MO